Birth of the Arquicentro, which offered engineering services.
Estrella, Grullón & Peralta founded.
Worked mainly on housing project and hotel buildings at the height of tourism development in Puerto Plata and the North Coast.
Oficina ESTRELLA is set up.
Offered earth moving and private construction services.
Birth of Acero ESTRELLA
Expansion of products offered as a diversification strategy, conceived to meet the needs of steel structures in buildings for the free trade and industrial zones in the Cibao region.
Acero ESTRELLA and Oficina ESTRELLA moved to Km. 13 of the Duarte Highway, on the Santiago-La Vega stretch.
During this time the company was focused on the construction of the Smith and Enron administrative building in Puerto Plata, and the Plaza El Paseo and Supermercados Nacional buildings in Santiago
Oficina ESTRELLA became Ingeniería ESTRELLA and Acero ESTRELLA introduced the metaldeck system to the Dominican market, which revolutionized the construction of multi-story buildings.
Acero ESTRELLA began selling Laminados ESTRELLA on the local market and opened its Santo Domingo offices.
Acero ESTRELLA began the automation of its production processes with the acquisition of its first drill and saw line.
The companies expanded their diversification by investing in the Cibao International Airport, and several years later in the communications media, paint manufacturing, health sector and hardware stores.
ConcreDom set up, adding concrete to the group’s portfolio of products and services.
Acero ESTRELLA becomes the first and only company in the Dominican Republic to be certified to international quality standard by the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC).
The Group’s cold formed steel products line is transferred to Villa Vásquez and the NWI factory opens with high-technology equipment.
Ingeniería ESTRELLA enters highway construction projects in the Northern Region of the country, and establishes its asphalt plant in Villa González.
- Ingeniería ESTRELLA enters Haiti for the reconstruction of Route National 5, from Gonaïves to Gros Morne, a determining factor in the company’s subsequent win of the tender for the construction of more than 85 kilometers of the RN-1.
- ConcreDom certifies the distribution, transport and installation of hydraulic concrete with regulation ISO 9001:2000.
Ingeniería ESTRELLA becomes the first Dominican company in the construction field to meet quality standards and regulations.
- Ingeniería ESTRELLA, Acero ESTRELLA and Concredom join forces to set up ESTRELLA and offer its portfolio of products and services under one single brand name.
- ESTRELLA partners with Odebrecht for the construction of the Corredor Duarte, the largest road solution developed Santo Domingo in the past few years.
Steel Construction of the unit for housing the 29-meter high Barrick Gold autoclave. Acero ESTRELLA’s project planning structure changed, the company extended its capacity for conducting quality tests and trials and highlighted its commitment to safety in construction, which later led to the different companies qualifying these processes under regulation OHSAS 18001.
- ESTRELLA creates the ESTRELLA Foundation to ratify its commitment to education and cultivating entrepreneurship among Dominican youth.
- Work starts at Caracol Industrial Park (PIC) the first large-scale building project in Haiti, classified as a model of good management by the Inter-American Development Bank.
- ESTRELLA began the construction of the Cemento PANAM plant in Villa Gautier.
ESTRELLA enters the Central American market with the steel structures for the Albrook Station in the Panama Metro.
- Birth of Cemento PANAM as a result of the vertical integration of the ESTRELLA companies, with 146 employees and an annual production capacity of 650,000 tons of cement.
- ESTRELLA expands its presence in Haiti with camps in Port-au-Prince, Gonaïves, Caracol, Lascahobas and Les Cayes for the execution of a range of infrastructural projects.
- The Dominican-Costa Rican consortium ESTRELLA-H. SOLIS signed a contract with the government of Costa Rica for the design and construction of the northern stretch of the Route 39 – Beltway – for the city of San José.
- The ESTRELLA and Linda business groups signed a strategic alliance with AES Dominicana, thus becoming the energy solutions provider’s first local partners.